A Genetics question
by Frank Novak
In the japanese morning glory (pharbitis nil) true breeding strains from northern and southern Japan with blue flowers were hybridized. The F1 hybrids were all purple. Amongst the F2 generation 1/16 were scarlett, a color not previously seen in these plants. Geneticists realized that two genes on differant chromosomes each with two alleles controlled flower color, A & a and B& b. An individual plants needs both dominent alleles A & B for the expression of purple colorin the F1 generation. What are the genotypes of each of the blue P1 parents?
Click on post comments to answer.
Click here to post answer.
Return to Biology Question.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac