Are gram negative bacterias affected by lysozyme?
by Mehmet Yeniyapi
(Bulent Ecevit University)
Here my question, gram positive bacterias are affected by lysozyme (bc of ß(1,4) bonds) but are gram negatives affected by lysozyme?
I have a book that says "archeas have ß(1,3) bonds", but what bonds have gram negatives in their peptidoglycan? Does it affect by lysozyme?
Thanks in advance.
Molecular Biology and Genetics Student
Turkey - Bulent Ecevit University
Click here to post answer.
Return to Hub of Biology Questions and Answers.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac