Explain the difference in solubility (in water) between lipids and the products of of their hydrolysis.
Fatty acids and glycerol are the products of lipid hydrolysis. Fatty acids have a polar carboxyl group while glycerol has polar hydroxyl groups hence can form hydrogen bonds with water becoming soluble. Lipids on the other hand are neutral molecules which do not form hydrogen bonds with water hence are insoluble.
Study Fat Review - Lipids Explained on Biology Questions and Answers.
Click here to post answer.
Return to Biology Question.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac