If all we've been taught in Biology has to do with how evolution kicks out certain adaptations, how come we see dieases like alzheimers and parkinsons still appearing?
by Ap Bio
(Rancho Bernardo High School)
In class we learned that if you had the bubonic plague, you would never get cancer. Similarly, did Alzheimer's prove beneficial in any way?
Thank you so much!
Good question! Read Degenerative Diseases.
We are learning more and more about diseases. We now know that genes and gene activation or suppression play important role. Gene functioning may be also related to environment, lifestyle and nutrition habits, something beyond pure Mendelian theory. Its a broad field still to research.
Return to Biology Questions and Answers.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac