Please, can someone help me answer these questions?
• Relate the molecular structure of the cell membrane with how it maintains an electrical-chemical gradient
• Describe the contribution of each of the following to the establishment and maintenance of a membrane potential: Na+/K+ ATPase pump, passive movement of K+ and Na+ across the membrane, large intracellular anions.
• Use the Nernst equation to determine the membrane potential for a given ion concentration
• Account for changes in membrane potential by describing specific changes in ion permeability and the type of ion channel involved in generating an action potential.
• Trace the steps of synaptic transmission from presynaptic impulse to postsynaptic activation
• Differentiate various modes of synaptic transmission
• Apply normal physiology of neurons to case studies of changes in ion concentrations, pathology of neural activation and conduction
• Create a conceptual map of major elements of the nervous system and link structure and function
Note of moderator: Most of answers you may find on our Nervous System page.
Click here to post answer.
Return to Ask Questions.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac