The flu virus disrupts cellular respiration and diminishes the cell's ability to make phosphate bonds. Which of the following best predicts and explains the effects of the flu virus?
a. The body creates energy directly from phosphates, so if phosphate bonds are not available no energy production will take place.
b. The body creates energy during cellular respiration and because the flu virus prevents people from breathing efficiently, cellular respiration is reduced.
c. The body stores energy in the form of ATP, so if phosphate bonds are not available to make ATP, the flu patient will have less energy and feel tired.
d. The body stores energy in the lipids, so if phosphate bonds are not available for lipid production, the flu patient will have less energy and feel tired.
Click here to post answer.
Return to Hub of Biology Questions and Answers.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac