What is ascomycota?
Ascomycota means sac--fungi. It is largest group in fungi most are terrestrial through marine or fresh water the sexual spores in it called Ascospores which are produced by meiosis
the sac like structure is also called asci.
There are 4 ascospores in ascomycota but due to meiosis it divided into 8 ascospores. Most sac fungi having fruiting or thick walled bodies called ascocarp. There hyphae are septate "hyphae is thread like structure."they have dikaryotic phase means have two nucleus which form ascospores. Sexual reproduction takes place by ascospores and asexual by conidia "naked spores".
Click here to post answer.
Return to Biology Question.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac