What mechanisms allow for new information to be added to a genome by evolutionary means?
I am currently writing a refutation to an anti-evolutionist and one of the points I am refuting is that Darwinian evolution provides no examples/ no means of adding in new information to a genome. It can only cause different phenotypes to be expressed or different pre-existing genes to change, but not create new genetic information. If you could provide examples of the ways that evolution adds genetic information, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Click here to read or post answer.
Return to Hub of Biology Questions and Answers.
give us a tip using crypto
- BTC: 3G1AGoAddUPYaLbTAo6hvKFnt7kNz4dXjz
- ETH: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- DOGE: DEKXxbY9FFP56y7sdyzBvTSRPbP5h1RU2p
- LTC: MLA9BuoUYK4PKnwxmKR5r1z8f2mKdAa7vf
- XMR: 46k6hLyn4dtWJbABdtt3ms1GnNJSwBG2g9Qjk5DfPgHBhcRpicktW692pYGFiyojttDVEBwAiosyrEMGggGyZPJUM9cwPmx
- USDT: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac
- USDC: 0x256e8a87ab9c5f879696dadf6cdbd37613d9ffac